Introductions

Hello all, I am coffee enthusiast (mostly coffee drinker) for just under 20 years. I enjoyed coffee and for me coffee is more of a social thing where coffee brings people together to exchange ideas, have fun, and enjoy life.

I joined the group to learn more about actual coffee itself, how it is grown, what are its characteristics and especially how it is roasted, packaged and sold in US and abroad.
I have traveled this past year thru 35 countries and visited cafe shops all over. I am fascinated by the variety of coffees preparation types out there. One thing I noticed is that coffee exporting countries are not that into drinking coffee; they mostly drink tea. Interesting.
I really hope to learn a lot about coffee here and become valuable member of this group.

One thing I noticed is that coffee exporting countries are not that into drinking coffee; they mostly drink tea. Interesting.
I really hope to learn a lot about coffee here and become valuable member of this group.

i guess you have not come to Guatemala yet. I have coffee farm/exporting company & school in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala and as you can imagine, I spend a lot of time there traveling to other farms, visiting cooperatives and other beneficio seco companies. but I have not yet to see anyone drinking teas in Guatemala. As I know, in Indonesia, Vietnam, China (Yunan province, north of Thailand/Vietnam), they drink mostly tea rather than coffee, but not in Central America + Colombia.
I work for Ensoluna S.A. in Guatemala, so if you have any questions about origin of coffee (how it is grown, characteristics, how roasted and packaged and exported), please ask me. I will do my best to help you on this matter.
thanks
Alex from Ensoluna

Last edited:
Hi! I'm Grim to my friends. I came here because I am thinking about taking my coffee roasting and brewing skills to market. I thought this would be a great place to get started, ask questions, make friends and just generally talk about coffee without getting weird side-eyed looks from people who don't understand how I can talk for so long about coffee. Looking forward to answering questions and having questions answered!

Hi everyone! I was introduced to this forum site because I'm a coffee lover myself and I love to hear stuffs related to coffee. I'm an aspiring entrepreneur eventhough my profession is far related from it :) I am hoping to put up my own coffee shop soon! So I'm asking you guys to help me with ideas for my soon to be shop.

I thought this would be a great place to get started, ask questions, make friends and just generally talk about coffee without getting weird side-eyed looks from people who don't understand how I can talk for so long about coffee.

Hello Grim,

Welcome!

We understand what you mean about the wierd wide-eyed looks that you get when you talk about coffee.

You've come to the right place. You won't get any wierd wide-eyed looks here!

Rose

So I'm asking you guys to help me with ideas for my soon to be shop.

Hello MissPiggy,

Welcome!

Please feel free to explore the Coffee Forums website. We have a handy search box that's at the right corner at top of your screen. You can find all sorts of usefuul information by exploring the past and current discussions.

And, feel free to ask questions when you're ready.

Rose

Tres Bien Coffee, a coffee with a conscience!

Howdy, everybody! I'm Kirk from Los Angeles, California. I've been living in Indonesia since my wife Kiki passed away last August. I'm here to help some family-friends start their small coffee company, Tres Bien Coffee - named after my "nephew". We'd like to sell our beans internationally, so any coffee lovers, or their family and friends, buy some quality roasted 100% arabica beans, or order them finely ground. We'll appreciate your patronage. ALSO, a portion of the proceeds will go to Kiki's memorial fund to help orphans (which she was one of) live a little more comfortably. I/we would also like to help their education and personal growth head in the right direction. Other worthy causes can be read about in my/our profile bio. Don't be shy, I'm approachable, and more than willing to help answer any questions you may have. Ciao for now, -K-

Last edited:
Howdy, everybody! I'm Kirk from Los Angeles, California. I've been living in Indonesia since my wife Kiki passed away last August. I'm here to help some family-friends start their small coffee company, Tres Bien Coffee - named after my "nephew". We'd like to sell our beans internationally, so any coffee lovers, or their family and friends, buy some quality roasted 100% arabica beans, or order them finely ground. We'll appreciate your patronage. ALSO, a portion of the proceeds will go to Kiki's memorial fund to help orphans (which she was one of) live a little more comfortably. I/we would also like to help their education and personal growth head in the right direction. Other worthy causes can be read about in my/our profile bio. Don't be shy, I'm approachable, and more than willing to help answer any questions you may have. Ciao for now, -K-

Hello Kirk,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss; however, it sounds like you are keeping your wifes' memory alive in a very productive way.

Best wishes for continued success.

Rose

Thank you for that PinkRose!!! I'm planning to go to Korea to observe and to be able to find new ideas for my business. Seoul is a coffee haven! There are a lot of coffee shop everywhere. The interior and exterior of these shops are amazing!

Hello Kopi008 (Rick)Welcome! You have an interesting choice for a user name. Does it have something to do with the type of coffee you like? Rose

hey P. Rose. "kopi" in Indonesian language is "coffee" in English. (by the way, in Malaysia & Indonesia, they use English alphabets to write their language) And probably "008" stands for the year his baby was born or something like that.

BTW, "kopi" means "nose bleeding" in Korean, of course, we use our letters, but exactly same pronunciation. "ko" means nose & "pi" means blood.

if you ask me, then, what is "coffee" in Korean? it is pronounced as "Kepi" (of course with our own letters, but just pronunciation wise :+)
In chinses? it is pronounced as "kafei"

all very similar to "coffee" or "cafe", but slightly different pronunciation.

PS: I will be traveling to Thailand, Hong Kong and China, starting Jan 20, so I will be putting up more posts when I get to Thailand. thanks

Hi every one,

This is first time I join this forum. I hope I can learn more about coffee.

My Name is Ryan from Vietnam. Call me Caphesachbstar, and this is apart of my website: it's strange with you but you can see Vietnam coffee here

Hi! I'm from Minnesota and we opened a coffee shop in our little Minnesota town of Willmar almost 2 years ago. Our adult children helped us get it up and running and some of our teens work with us. (We have 11 children).

Back