Introductions

Hi every one,

This is first time I join this forum. I hope I can learn more about coffee.

My Name is Ryan from Vietnam. Call me Caphesachbstar, and this is apart of my website: it's strange with you but you can see Vietnam coffee here

Hello "Caphesachbstar" (Ryan)

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

I have a feeling people on this Forum will end up calling you Ryan. It's much easier to type then Caphesachbstar.

Rose

Hi! I'm from Minnesota and we opened a coffee shop in our little Minnesota town of Willmar almost 2 years ago. Our adult children helped us get it up and running and some of our teens work with us. (We have 11 children).

Hello VickiD,

Welcome!

It sounds like you've created quite a family-run business! I'm wondering....Who's the boss?

Rose

Hi! I'm from Minnesota and we opened a coffee shop in our little Minnesota town of Willmar almost 2 years ago. Our adult children helped us get it up and running and some of our teens work with us. (We have 11 children).

Vicky, I lived in Willmar when I was a boy for a year, and now have 8 kidlets. Must be some good water in Foot Lake!

David

Good morning! My name is Kristy. I'm preparing a business plan for a drive-through coffee shop in Savannah, GA. This is a wonderful resource!

hi Diego. welcome to our forum.
can you tell us which country and what city/region you worked on a coffee farm? I will appreciate it if you can explain bit more about your back ground.
thanks
alex from Ensoluna

Hello Alex,

Thank you for the warm welcome. The farm in a town called Los Tornos de Abangares, northwest of Monteverde, Costa Rica. As a result of poor processes at the area beneficios, the owner invested in processing and roasting equipment and now has control of the process from tree to consumer. It is essentially a permaculture farm and coffee production is subsidized in part by citrus, avocado, and other fruit trees.

To be clear, my experience is limited to that of a farmhand. I currently live and work in the US but I make trips when I have money and time. I am more than happy to further discuss the farm and exchange experiences.

Hi all. I'm currently working on setting up a small cafe in Tokyo and really trying to find out all the info I can on all aspects of the coffee business and setting up shop. I can see I have a lot to learn though I do have a hospitality and small business management experience. I have a passion for coffee but can see from forums like this that I have a Lot to learn. Love the this site though. I hope I can find other Tokyoite too.

Hiya! I'm a hopeless caffeine junky, and signed up because my husband and I have been dreaming of opening our own coffee shop for ages. Now that we're finally in a good place financially, it's time to do some research.

Greetings! I owned and operated a roastery for years, then got an offer in line with my previous career and moved cross country. Now that the kids are older, set up my equipment on our rural property, roasting for fun and friends, considering setting up my now adult daughter in a cafe once she finishes culinary school.

Hello All,
I'm jamminjamy... i enjoy home roasting (with a popcorn popper), and experimenting with different brewing techniques... my latest is the french press... my favorite coffees around Lancaster Pa, are square one and new holland coffee company.
thx.
Jamy

Back