Introductions

what kind of good coffees Louisville/Lexington have? interesting to know.

I tend to think of it more as a location than the coffee. I usually get a cup of whatever the person behind the counter recommends as they are around it all day and know what is best. In Lexington, I generally go to Common Grounds. In Louisville, Sunergos and Quills seem to be the 2 I go to most (both are really good). I also enjoy Argo and Son's a lot, but I am rarely on that side of town.

People at all of the locations are really friendly and all of them have great coffee.

One other place that I should mention is Creative Coffees Roastery Outside of Lexington (in Winchester). After contacting them about possibly trying them out, the owner called me and set up a tour!! My Wife, Sister and I all had a blast. They allowed us to stick around long enough to go through the whole roasting and packaging process. This was the final kick that pushed me into wanting to do some home roasting. They even sold me some green coffee beans to get me started (I have all kinds of questions about this, but that is for a different thread). Anyhow we were all really impressed with the place and would recommend going there if you are ever in the area.

Hello.

My name is Zack. I live in Maryland, USA. Over the years I have, with the help of a home-brewer in the family, become interested in growing my beer palate. And now, because I start the day with coffee, have tried to develop that palate as well. I start every day with 16 ounces of one brew and end the day with 24 ounces of the other. I am an avid baseball and football fan, enjoy the martial arts, enjoy grilling when I can and enjoy taking the lessons life gives. Never a bad time to learn something from somewhere and it's even better to do so with family and friends.

Howdy and yes I am from Benbrook, Texas. Found this place by a google search. I have been roasting for many years and have met many fine people through coffee sites. Glad to be here and hopefully will become a useful member.

I home roast but do sell green coffee as a part of another site. I roast with a hottop. For now I just involve myself with coffee for the love of coffee. Maybe someday I will grow into a real roaster but for now it is fine. Thanks for the welcome.

Back