Introductions

I found this page and thought it was pretty interesting.
I am starting a coffee business with my wife and my brother in law and have been looking for different information which will help.
We will be getting our beans directly from the farms of Colombia.
My wife is Colombian and we have connections with different farmers there.
There are several things we have been doing so far and we have a long way to go.
We will be traveling to Colombia in Aug and will be working on the business further.
The coffee industry is a big business with plenty of room at the top.
I was curious what has been working for others and what has not been.
I am going to try doing drop shipping at first.
Shipping is a big expense and I think this can help.
Being able to roast our own beans will allow us to get the freshest quality of beans.
In doing so we can ship by boat.
This will help reduce costs.
I have already spoken with different businesses that will allow us to sell our products there in different stores.
We will try to get our name out there and get our coffee out to the masses.
We are lucky to be able to have available to use some of the best coffee in Colombia.
Doing international business is all new to me but Im really interested in doing this.
We have a long way to go but the journey will be great./
I do hope that I may possibly get some connections with this site and maybe work together with some individuals and businesses
Any and all assistance that any and all can give will be helpful and any that I may be able to give will be given.

Hi guys! My name is gracenote (Milena). I'm working with my family (siblings and parents) on starting up a coffee roasting business here in the beautiful Ozarks. I've come across your forum a few times because of google. And now I've signed up for a little help and to learn more about coffee for leisure and business. I'm excited about being an active member of this community.

God bless you all.

I do hope that I may possibly get some connections with this site and maybe work together with some individuals and businesses
Any and all assistance that any and all can give will be helpful and any that I may be able to give will be given.

Hello Galyean,

Welcome!

This is a good place to get information about coffee. You'll learn all sorts of useful things here.

Rose

Sounds like a great venture! I have a loose tie to Guatemala and always wondered what it takes to do that.I was wondering what the process is to ship from another country. what kind of license or paperwork do you have to have? how do you arrange for the beans to get to the port? thanks!

Hello from Everson, WA

Hello everyone,

My name is Elizabeth and my husband Mike and I :lol:LOVE :lol: coffee! We began about 8 years ago toying around with roasting in hot air popcorn poppers to a whirly bird on a Coleman stove; from a modified gas grill, to 2 commercial micro roasters (maybe soon to be 3) we use today. We have just begun to slowly grow and are scarfing up information as we find it. I am looking forward to gleaning knowledge here. We currently sell our coffee by word of mouth and online, but are considering purchasing a coffee kiosk and take it a bit further! Lots of decisions to be made and any knowledge about coffee drive thru-s would be welcome.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Have a wonderful evening!

Elizabeth :coffee-bean:

Hi, my name is Jason and I love drinking espresso. The machine I'm using is Gaggia Espresso Machine. I became really interested with coffee and espresso so I started my own site and thought of joining this forum so I could join a community to interact and learn more about the coffee world. I know I still have a lot to learn about coffee and at the same time share some of the knowledge I know as well. I hope I could get along with everyone. :coffee:

hi everyone, I am from Indonesia, paradise for coffee lovers. I'm here to learn all about coffee a lot, other than that I also want to introduce coffees in my country. So, Glad I could join :)

yes, Indonesia has a lot of great coffees, Sumatra, Java, S795, Sulawesi, Timor and finally THE KOPI LUWAK.
I would love to hear more about the Indonesia coffees from you. I know that you are a coffee blogger. can you give me your site for me to check out?
appreciate it. By the way, Welcome to forum.

I was in my 40s before I drank my first cup of coffee. I started because I heard it was healthy. Recently I started adding cocoa powder to my coffee because that's healthy too. Soon I'll be switching from Choc full o'Nuts instant coffee to something more suitable for my Bee House pour over cone that I just ordered.

Welcome to all of our newest members. . . . "Bohan", "zonakopi", "jwiley86", and "justplaincoffee"

And if we've already welcomed you in another Forum area, please consider this a second welcome!

Rose

Hell everyone, New to the forums and though I would introduce myself. Long time coffee drinker (mostly just Kirkland's house blend with the occasional trip to a coffee house thrown in). Live in Hodgenville, KY, but frequently travel to Louisville/Lexington for good coffee (there is not much of a choice locally).

Back