Introductions

Hi this is Cristina. I roast coffee with a Dietrich 12 Kg roaster. I found the forum by Googling Coffee Forums! I was looking to see what info is available about my roaster and have found many other issues that interest me. So glad I found this site! I'll mostly be looking at the roasting/roaster posts.

Hello my name is Kim of Millennium Organics,

We are a privately owned company with offices in Orlando, Florida and Lima, Peru. Our family owns several coffee farms in Peru and Colombia.
We would like to offer our arabica green coffee beans, conventional and organic to all the coffee lovers out there.

We have just won the Colombian Arabica Coffee Competition with our product. (85.8 points).

Here are some facts about our coffee:
The Farm is located in the Coffee-Growers Axis also known as Coffee Triangle, in the rural District of Caldas.

Altitude 1450-1500 Meters (4000 – 6000 ft) above Sea Level.

Area of over 40 acres to grow.

Part of it is Organic planted.

Our coffee type is Arabica - Castillo Naranjal (Obtained from a cross between Caturra and Timor Hybrid varieties)

The coffee beans are hand picked, selected by hand, washed and sun dried.

The Tasting levels is: Dark Chocolate, Smooth Mouthfeel, Spicy, Bright.

We currently have 6,000 pounds of fresh green coffee in stock in Orlando and 20 Metric Tons in Stock in Peru.

Please let us now if you are interested, we can always send a sample.

Best Regards
Kim Andreello
Millennium Organics.

Hi All. Jonathan from NY and looking to open a coffee bar with baked goods and the like (no meals, just a place to hang out with great coffee/espresso and coffee like products accompanied by great homemade like baked goods). We already have retail store experience which I understand clearly are NOT like opening a coffee bar / restaurant other than the fact that our stress is on customer service. Can anyone direct me to must reads (books or pinned threads etc.) on the opening of an establishment as I have mentioned above? Also what to expect in a food establishment in NYC (the 5 boroughs)? Thanks in advance. Jonathan.

Hi, I am new to the site and so far I am loving it! I am looking into starting a Coffee Shop and stumbled across this site while I was googling info on a certain business here local in Ohio. I still don't know a whole lot about the company but like I said I am just starting to do research. I have been a Coffee drinker for years 37 to be exact :) I don't start my morning without my favorite brand of coffee. I hope to be able to learn from all of you and soak up all the info and use it for success :)

Hey, Kit! Welcome from down the road in Abu Dhabi! I find it amazing that espresso machines are so novel and pricey in this country. At least acceptable beans can be found, if you can keep the locals from loading them with cardamom... Enjoy the forum and keep the faith!

Hello all, My name is Terry and I am relatively new to roasting and the wholesale/retail part of the business but I am a long time coffee drinker. I have spent most of my coffee career manufacturing fluid bed roasters for Sivetz Coffee.

Back