Introductions

Hello "Gmbaltrusits" (Greg)

Welcome!

When you wrote "I hope to get some answers questioned" I had to laugh. I know someone who says that all the time!

Feel free to post your questions in the various topic areas of the Forum. We'll try our best to answer them without too many questions.

Rose

Greetings and salutations. My name is Greg and I am from Long Island, NY. I found youse guys as I was searching for an espresso machine and I hope to get some answers questioned and decide on a machine for my self.

Brand new here and I actually just googled coffee forum and found you. I am from IL and enjoy coffee everyday. Let it be a drip, french press, or espresso. I don't own an espresso machine or even a good grinder.

I enjoy playing darts, cards, shaving with a str8 razor, spending time with my family.

Hello "moonl8r"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums. It's great to know that Google led you to us.

It sounds like you enjoy coffee. If you hang around the Coffee Forum long enough, you may start wanting to get a good grinder and an espresso machine. It's addicting!

Rose

Hello "moonl8r"

Welcome to the Coffee Forums. It's great to know that Google led you to us.

It sounds like you enjoy coffee. If you hang around the Coffee Forum long enough, you may start wanting to get a good grinder and an espresso machine. It's addicting!

Rose

Already looking into getting a grinder but not sure which one. Either the Baratza Virtuoso Preciso or the Gaggia MDF. Which one would you recommend?

Hello,

I've been fascinated with everything coffee for the last 6+ years, and have decided it's time for me to think about getting into the business. I would welcome any thoughts and suggestions anyone has - I cannot wait to start browsing the forums.

I have a strong business background - but need more advice on sourcing green beans, roasting, etc. I have currently ordered green beans online to get some practice in, and roast in a hot air popcorn popper. DEFINITELY not sustainable if I want to take this big :).

Thanks!!

Hello "batman"

First of all, welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

Second, I have to say that I was very surprised to see that your user name wasn't already taken by someone else. I bet you were surprised when you selected it and you didn't get a popup box saying it was already used! I like it when people select user names that make a bit of sense, instead of making up some crazy random letters and numbers.

We have a new member who has been thinking about roasting with a hot air popcorn popper. I hope you will eventually be able to offer him some helpful hints when the time comes.

As you browse the Forums, I hope you'll try the handy search feature that's up at the right corner of your screen. Just type in your term, and it will show you a lot of topic areas where it's been discussed.

Have fun exporing.

Rose

Thanks! And you are exactly right - I could not believe batman was not taken...it always is.

I would be happy to share my experiences - I'll have to see ifI can find this member.

Thanks again for the guidance - looking forward to seeing what I can learn and putting my plans into action.

Greetings! my name is Diego and I am from San Diego, CA. I travel the world very often
due to my job. I have been researching Coffee for the past several months and
drink Coffee as well.

I am hoping to soon start importing Coffee from the Southern Part of the Philippines
to the US since I reside there most of the time when not in the States. :coffee-bean:Cool Website Here!

Last edited:
Hello diegosan619. Welcome to the forum. Your web url did not post.
I have read recently about the resurgence of coffee producing in the Phillipines.
At one time they were the 4th largest producer of coffee in the world.
Hope for a great comeback!

Hello Diego,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website.

You'll need a few more posts before you are able to include a link within your messages. Feel free to explore some of the discussion threads, and ask questions and make comments when you're ready.

Rose

Hey. I'm Matt Kellso the current owner of Sagebrush Coffee. I have been roasting coffee for years and started this small online roasting business with the idea to keep it small so I could get the tiniest batch sizes and make great consistent roasts. It's been working so far and I love it. If you have any questions about roasting, feel free to give me a shout and I'll answer them the best that I can.

Back