Introductions

Re: Welcome, Introduce Yourself!

Hello "Flimsy"

Welcome to the coffee forums! You'll find lots of interesting (and sometimes entertaining) information here.

Flimsy is an interesting choice for a log-in name. It certainly got my attention!

Again,welcome. I hope you'll visit often.

Rose

Hi Everyone
Sounds juvenile I know. My name is newby, which is appropriately descriptive in relation to learning how to: roast and buy green coffees. I love a good cup of coffee, favorite so far is Jablum, live in a small simi-tourist town, like to tube (non-alcoholic drinks), play golf, spurs fan, Dallas Cowboys?, I have a question too. How long to wait before grinding and then brewing
(drip)? I believe the general approach is to wait at least 24 hrs. to several days? Did they not simply roast and then brew in early or mid 19th Century. I would appreciate any ones experience with this. Thanks, Newby

Hello all! I am buying an existing coffee shop next month (the Black Cow Coffeehouse and Bakery in Honea Path, SC), I would love to expand into the roasting business in the coming year.

I'm to learn and I look forward to soaking up all the knowledge I can from these boards!

Howdy (from Texas),

My wife and I are looking to get into the coffee business. And we've got lots of questions. I look forward to picking your brains!

Thanks,

Andrew & Wendy Hollinger

Hey, my name is Chris, I'm 22 from Austria. I've been a huge fan of coffee but drink less lately.
I'm here to learn more about coffee, see what other people have to share and generally like
the topic :)

Ladies and Gentlemen:
Thank you letting me join this most informative coffee forum.I found this site while breaking ICA Inventory Control Audit..
And,I was exhausted and clicked the wrong link at registration.Thus ,I was unable to sign in.But thanks to Mr.Evans,who came to my aid,I am here.Thanks Mr.Evans.
I work for a reputuable accounting firm,who has three names ,and we do ICA,Inventory Control Audits,payroll,taxes and other
corporate and government projects.

Anyway I am here because an associate of mine brought some Buondi coffee home from Portugal and it was stimulating and interesting to me.Thus I want to aquire some coffee knowledge.
Thanks
Charles

Welcome TAXENGINEER!

So Charles, could you elaborate on your experience with the Buondi coffee? Someone from there joined this forum last summer and I saved his/her website:
http://www.buondicaffe.com/ just for the cool background music. I just open their website in a tab and let it continuously play. It's very tranquil. There's three options for music, but I usually keep it on the first selection. Check them out! And come back here and tell us about the coffee.

Umm...Hello, I'm tom. Not so much a coffee guy as I am a chai guy. But still love the smell and sitting in coffee shops. When I want to relax I head to the Global Bean, great atmosphere and good drinks. Hope I still fit in here.

Hi chai guy!

Yep, this forum takes all types. It's not always just about coffee, the drink. It's also about the coffee shop vibe, the ambiance and the downtime that coffee or tea breaks can provide. Behind the scenes of the forum, we're all the same in here, seeking and sharing knowledge about something we enjoy chatting about. If you find something in here that piques your interest, ask us about it and we will gladly throw in our two cents.

Welcome to Coffeeforums.com chai guy

Hello everyone my name is mike. I am from Wilkes Barre Pa. Im currently a manager for a small coffee shop operated by levy restaurants. This past week i had the chance to try roasting my first beans. It was a decent time i would love to learn the craft now. My Gm is also looking into the options of roasting most of our product on site. Right now from what i know we have a diedrich IR3 Roaster. It works great to my knowledge. I have not gone to the seminar, pretty much my exp is a pick up and go style. The first batch i had made was a darker roast of guatamalan beans. From the taste tests everyone enjoyed the brew, i was quite surprized.

Im looking to meet new friends in this field that can help me in the right direction with this new endever. If you can help me out i would love the pointers. My gm is also looking to flavor coffee and all the good stuff. So i am all ears.

Welcome MPDavis! If I was you I would dive into the archives and read read read! There is so much great info here...and its FREE! Anyhoo...good luck and if you have any questions throw em out there!! Talk to you soon.
Topher

Thanks Topher.
I have been searching everywhere.
I would love to find some more info and tips about the roaster i am using. Deidrichs webpage is ok but nothing solid i can get into. We have a dedrich IR-3.

Hello everyone,

my name is Mick, and i have a coffeeshop in Richmond, BC, Canada. Bean Around The World. located on Cambie rd and Sexmith. Right now we're still open 24hrs, but we're considering winter hrs. just want to get on here and say hi to everyone.

Hi ya,

I'm a nubie, currently doing the research towards a plan to add a coffee cart into an existing business. Perhaps I can annoy some of you with a thousand questions or even 1001??? :D
I have a somewhat unique opportunity in that there are zero coffee options within a 2 mile radius and lots of folks that wish there were. I doubt the area would currently support a full on coffee shop, but a smaller venture may be just the ticket.
Still doing my homework and crunching numbers.

Back