Introductions

Intro

Hi, all. I''m in the planning stages of my first novel (I hope it will become a series) centered around a coffeehouse.

I''ve been hanging out here for a while, hoping to pick up some tips I can use in the book. I found the thread on events intended to attract customers interesting, particularly the one that mentioned inviting political candidates. I''d never thought of that, and it ties in well with my theme. For my own, imaginary coffeehouse I''m planning a philosophy club similar to a group I belong to myself and inspired by the book _Socrates Cafe_ by Christopher Phillips, as well as a book club. And I''ve been wondering about coupon clipping gatherings for housewives, or quilting. Does quilting take up too much space?

Someone mentioned that certain kinds of events attract certain kinds of people. As a writer I want to created a feeling in my coffee house, much the same as you real coffee folk probably do. Quilters and coupon clippers will differ from politicos, I would imagine, and philosophy clubs seem more likely to attract men than book clubs, I think. What has been your experience?

I was also interested in the thread comparing European coffee houses with the U.S., but frustrated that no one included many details. People like their layouts but don''t describe how they differ from ours. And you guys talked about there being differences in the coffee cultures, but didn''t explain what they were. Anyone care to elaborate?

And I''d be interested in hearing more about the pros and cons of encouraging computer users. I''m worried that you''d end up with a bunch of customers who pretty much ignore each other. The theme of my novel is community, so that would matter to me. I''m considering have my shop owner either consider connectivity and decide against it out of fear it would stifle real-life exchange, or actually try it and then abandon it because it stifles real-life exchange. None of that works if, in fact, computer use by customers doesn''t have that effect.

Cindy

Hey everyone!

New here in this forum.

I''ve recently discovered coffee and how good it is. I''m still young but I can''t believe why it took long for me to discover one of the greatest things the world has - coffee.

Right now I want to promote coffee to others and at the same time learn a lot from this forum. Eventually I''d also like to create a blog on coffee or anything related to it. So far I really like what I have been reading here.

Thanks! :)

Hi

Hi new to this site found whilst I was doing a search about coffee as I was looking for some good ideas for you guessed it coffee.
Im from the UK and not a very interesting person unless talking science and animals with me not very knowledgeable about coffee thats why im here to learn and improve the hi-octane drink I love and maybe impress my friends with my new found knowledge and tantilise there taste buds

Hey what''s up my name is Leslie and I am a newbie to these forums. I LOVE coffee to the point of addiction. I also love jazz music (obviously, lol), wine, and traveling.

LESLIE

Hello from Down Under

Hi all,

My name is Petra and I am a German living in Australia. I love Coffee (have to have at least 3 cups a day), but guess what - I am living in sin! I haven''t even got a coffee machine yet!!!! I live off Instant (don''t scream!), I used to have a coffee machine in Germany, but since moving to Australia 10 years ago have sort of adapted to Instant. I want to get back into the \"real\" deal again, though. Thinking about a nice little Senseo machine (a friend of mine has one, and every time she brews a coffee it tastes fantastic!).

I have a little twist on my \"instant coffee making\": instead of plain milk I use coffee or cappuccino flavored milk, to me it tastes just sooooo great! Also, with Instant you always have to put coffee, milk and sugar in together FIRST, and then put the boiling water on top. Otherwise the coffee burns (or so I heard). And I do think it actually does taste better. :wink:

Cheers!

Hello Coffee Forum

I''m luvs lattes, esepially almond soy latte. Learning about different regions is like a hobby to me. So far I have found I love Arabian, Moka Java, and Costa Rica coffees, not into blends as I enjoy the tasting of the uniqueness of the region has to offer.

Dream of mine would be to open my own cafe/roasting place. Tiny but intimate, and focus on quality. I don''t think I would ever leave work??

:p

Hi

Hi All,

New guy here. I''m Eric from GA. Been hooked on the bean for years now and have finally settled down with a few favorites after trying just about everything I could get my hands on. I''m a big French Roast fan and play around with Moka pots and the like. I was born and raised in Miami, FL and still have a lot of the Cuban coffee influence in me. Believe it or not, Cafe Bustelo is always stocked in my house. :)

Married, couple of kids, the usual stuff...

Glad to be here,

EW

Hello everyone!

I have just discovered this forum...thanks to my sleepless nights :)

My name is Ana, im from Macedonia and have been a coffee-addict for over 10 years.
I love to wake up with it so it can get me going through the day, and as well, i want to drink one in the evening, or even after midnight...there is some special feeling about having a nice cup of coffee when everything is still and you are alone with your pc...

apart from coffee, im also addicted to Depeche Mode, Formula 1, Tennis, Postcards, Internet and my bicycle.

I may not be a coffee expert, but its nice to have a place to discuss things with other coffee lovers, and as well, discover and learn new things about my all time favourite beverage.

See you around ;)

Coffee is Bliss

Hi everyone!

Just call me Espresso Girl :) and obviously, I am a coffee lover just like most people here! Finding a site like this so rich in coffee stuffs is so thrilling! As I write this post, I am sipping my morning coffee to start off my day.

Aside from coffee, I am so into food, travel and adventure!

Cheers to everyone!

Re: Welcome, Introduce Yourself!

Hello,
My name is Greg,I'm Full time Barista and part-time web designer.
It is obvious why i joined this site, plus i want to have as much info on coffee as possible.

Hello I am Zach from Malaysia, a coffee lover and a brand consultant.
Just know this forum from Google. Well I am looking to know more about coffee and the equipments to prepare them.

Welcome to the forum you two. We just had an update so things have changed here on the side of looks but the forum is still it's old self. Feel free to ask questions and we look forward to hearing from you both.

Back