Introductions

new to site/have not roasted for years

I just wanted to post something on the site, I have not roasted coffee for about 6 or 7 years now, but I used to work for a coffee company in wisconsin. I worked with someone yesterday (I now work for a railroad) who has been getting into roasting his own coffee at home, it made me think about roasting coffee and I found this site. I just wanted to say this is a very cool site, brings back old memories.

ameskis327 said:
Hey! My name is Amy and I just opened a coffee house in Mt. Holly, NJ. I am a freshman in college and am kept very busy between school and the shop. quote]

wow! thats really impressive!! Mt. Holly, eh? I'm from Cherry Hill! I'm Antonia and yes i love coffee...but to be more specific cappuccinos. It is my art! i am 100% sure that i can learn alot from this site to improve....but i'm not gonna lie my cappuccinos have proven to be crowd pleasers 8)

I think living in greece for a bit is where my love of coffee was truly strengthened. it really is a wonderful place for cafelovers!

I have a pet rat named brunolatte...i go to college in the middle of nowhere....anndd yea thats about it for now!

Greetings everyone. This seems like a nice forum and I like the added interest of people being involved on a global scale. Always fun to meet new people, especially those with the same interests. My name is Jim, yes nickname is zman (from my last name). Born in Chicago but live in Fort Lauderdale. I've been a fan of coffee for about 15 years now. When I say fan, I mean... I could potentially transform into Godzilla if I don't get my morning cup. I'm primarily an illustrator by trade but also do websites, logos, tshirts, and general creative stuff. I was very happy to discover such a cool place and look forward to getting to know you all better.

Cheers!

Welcome zman. So where is it you get your coffee? I am in Boca Raton and I have been searching for local in house roasterys! If you know of any let me know. I did find a little place in Davie, called the roasted bean. Oh well..welcome
Topher

Hello. My name is Norina and I purchased an existing coffee cafe in the Lake Minnetonka area of Minnesota in 7/06. I found this site when I was doing some research on coffee businesses.

Love the site! Very informative!

Hiya.

I'm Maddi, but my friends call me Hatter due to the fact that most question my sanity and those that don't are usually crazier than I am. The nickname morphed into my nome de plume for online writing in a volunteer fanzine.

For the past three years I've been a conneissur of caffeine, and however shocking, I managed those three incredibly twitchy years without the magic of coffee, due to limits place by my parents.

However, this is currently the eve of my birthday, and they've finally decided I'm old enough. Thus, I had my very first cup of coffee today after extensive research online thanks to a few good sites that had numerous professional articles.

So my name is Hatter, and I'm steadily addicting myself to coffee.

Hi, I've been lurking here off and on for a few months, but I thought it was time to register and contribute directly.

I enjoy my coffee, but I'm not hyper-caffeinated or a coffee snob. As per Canadian law, I enjoy a good cup of Timmy Ho's (it's right next to "thou must play hockey" - check it if you don't believe me), but I also enjoy the occasional frou-frou espresso drink.

Oh wait, I'm enough of a coffee snob to get annoyed when people say "expresso" instead of "espresso". Or does that make me a language snob?

I'm moving to a small town with one coffee shop (other than the legally mandated Tim Horton's chain presence) that I'm told is rarely open. It sounds like there might be an opportunity for some healthy competition. As a result, I've become increasingly interested in the idea of opening up a mobile espresso van-type thing.

And so now I've come to pick the big brains here.

Cheers.

Hi, I live in Ireland and I have only recently got really into drinking coffee again after giving caffeine up a few years back.
I missed having a decent cup of coffee and, as it is one of life''s pleasures for me, I started drinking lovely strong coffee again.
I only have a stovetop Bialetti espresso maker, but will hopefully buy a decent machine once I move to my new house.

Hi

My name is Michael, friends and family call me Mikey though. Have been since I wasa child. I love coffee. The coffees I drink are JFG, Foldgers, and I just ordered some Gevalia Breakfast Blend, and french vanilla. I am 28 years old. I work with a guy installing carpet for a living. I enjoy lifting weights, reading, computer, and tv.

Re: Hi

mhuskey0466 said:

that word alone lets everyone here know your a coffee noob.

It's just a low quality robusta bean grind. Yuck.

A great start to getting into coffee is buying fresh arabica beans and grinding them yourself at home just before you brew.

Everything aside, welcome!

Introduction

I am Paul I live in Wv. I live and breathe Coffee...because I like many of you love Great coffee.....My favorite coffee is a toss up of Kenya and this Rare India Monsoon That Peets coffee had...I'm going through new Coffee maker trials.... :-D

Re: Gevalia,Folgers ???

mhuskey0466 said:
My name is Michael, friends and family call me Mikey though. Have been since I wasa child. I love coffee. The coffees I drink are JFG, Foldgers, and I just ordered some Gevalia Breakfast Blend, and french vanilla. I am 28 years old. I work with a guy installing carpet for a living. I enjoy lifting weights, reading, computer, and tv.

You first need to get some real coffee...Folgers is only in case of emergency...Like I'm in now YUK..Gevalia Man I Won't say anything on that. Go online to Peets coffee,Green Mountain, etc even Starbucks if you haven't had it their house blend is not bad at all as well as the Kenya..I think wally world sells it
YMMV :shock:

the new kid

hey guys....my name is becca..and i''m a coffee girl.

i''ve been providing coffee to our southern city for about three and a half years now...through a local shop named R. Gabriels...and i still adore my job.
coffee things i enjoy:
perfectly steamed milk(the kind that glistens and tastes ooooh so sweet....sticks to the spoon. yumm)
light roast coffees (especially costa rican, sulawessi, and galapagos)
when customers: a. know what they want, and b. trust me to make it like they want it.

Hey fellow coffee drinkers. I''ve been drinking coffee for 19 years and have enjoyed every minute of it. I have no idea how many different flavors of coffee I have, but they''re quite a few. My absolute favorite is a raspberry mocha.

I found this site while researching for espresso machines and coffee grinders. I''m finishing my basement and will be installing something I''ve wanted for many years....my very own coffee bar. Quite honestly, more for my own selfish reasons, but to entertain as well. I enjoy making coffee for friends.

I haven''t decided on the machines I''ll be buying, but hope to get some insight from this forum in the meantime. I have to install the ceiling, build the fireplace and shelving units, then the bar itself....so I have some time....especially since I''m recovering from back surgery this past Tuesday.

I''m looking forward to getting to know some of you. As coffee is a love of mine, I''m sure I''ll be around for a while.

Back