Introductions

Okay, I understand what you mean. I don't know how distinct the flavor is compared to foreign coffee beans but Nepalese coffee is quite unique in the sense that it is grown in such high altitudes, is grown completely organic and fair trade across the board. I am not a big coffee bean expert myself, so I can only tell you about the way it is farmed for now. I can also tell you that Nepal is already exporting coffee to Europe and the US in increasing amounts.
I will try to learn from some more experienced coffee enthusiasts here to provide you with some better info asap.

-Chris

thanks for reply Chris.
Most of specialty coffee is grown around or even higher altitude than 1600 meters, so it is not so unique. And the coffee being completely organic and fair trade does not mean much (you can use coffee forum search engine to find more about organic and fair trade).
By the way, do you know which region in Nepal they have the coffee farms?

Kathmandu is located about 1400 meters altitude (4600 feet), so the altitude wise, coffee can grow, but in winter, the temperature can drop close to 0 C, so it might be too cold for coffee.

Do you know where the coffee farms in Nepal locate at?

thanks for reply Chris.
Most of specialty coffee is grown around or even higher altitude than 1600 meters, so it is not so unique. And the coffee being completely organic and fair trade does not mean much (you can use coffee forum search engine to find more about organic and fair trade).
By the way, do you know which region in Nepal they have the coffee farms?

Kathmandu is located about 1400 meters altitude (4600 feet), so the altitude wise, coffee can grow, but in winter, the temperature can drop close to 0 C, so it might be too cold for coffee.

Do you know where the coffee farms in Nepal locate at?

I know there are always some black sheep who abuse the 'organic' or fair trade' label but I have not experienced this in Nepal (nor did I investigate). I guess that can happen anywhere.

Regarding the location of coffee farms in Nepal, I can say that they are spread across many districts of the country. Gulmi is probably one of the largest locations for coffee farms. Other locations where coffee is farmed are Palpa, Syangja, Lalitpur, and many more.

By the way, I found out that the Himalayan Arabica coffee is appreciated most for being less bitter and milder because it contains less caffeine than other coffee species. Further, its aroma is said to be 'sweet and slightly pungent'. I will keep trying to find out more to satisfy your seemingly endless hunger for information ;)

- Chris

Hi all my name is KEN and I like coffee (alot), cigars (also alot). Used numerous french press' and lately been using the Aeropress, which is effing great.

Hello all,

My name is David Ehrentreu and I am glad to have joined this forum.
The main reason that I joined this forum is to network with coffee roasters from all over.

I have a huge passion for coffee and tea. Also I have opened a online marketplace for coffee roaster and tea blenders alike to sell their creations for free. It is called UrbanSteep.com.

I hope to learn more through this forum!

All the best!

Good Day All,

Been in the coffee industry since 2004. Love pouring drinks and talking coffee with folks. I have owned and operated a small but busy lil shop for over 5 years now and I love it more and more every day. We focus on craft coffee drinks ranging from lovely latte art to pour overs and custom cold brews. I have an amazing customer base and a stellar staff of baristas and I am blessed to have my wife as our operations manager as well as another amazing barista on the team. I have been trained as a roaster since 2007 but have bought coffee from another roaster since I opened my coffee house ( had a great relationship with that roaster and still do) But... This coming year, 2016, I will begin to roast my own coffee ( on a San Fran SF-6) as a new space opened up to allow us to grow into a roastery. I have lots of ideas...some strange and creative experiences in the coffee world and I am so stoked to start roasting coffee this year. Hope to learn from the experienced folks here at this site and right out of the gate I have one question for all the seasons vets roasting here. What do I need accessory wise, to compliment the roaster? Buckets, scoops, scales, grinders, and a shop vac - check! What else do,y'all recommend?.. Thanks and I can't wait to see what pops up. Cheers!

Hello,
I just found this site, trying to do my homework on owning a drive-up in a small, small, small town. I hope to find some threads on the viability/profitability of theses kind of shops.

Thanks for having me

Hello! My name is Veronika and I am a freelance blogger. I am currently situated in the west end of the GTA. I currently have a blogging contract that involved fitness and health, and so when today's blog was about coffee, I figured I would reach out to the coffee lover's community and see if anyone was interested in having a read!

Hello! I am BlackSheep and Ive been DIY coffee roasting for a few months. I am from Cagayan Valley, Philippines. I have been roasting locally sourced coffee (Kalinga, Baguio). I joined to learn more about roasting coffee and developing flavor profiles.

You obviously missed the recent skirmish with a new member who joined in order to sell a domain name...lol. Not one of our better moments, but then again, nothing to apologize for...we welcome anyone who genuinely wants to learn and contribute to the betterment of all mankind...well maybe that's going a bit overboard. Welcome to the forums, I love your user name...

Hello everyone, here is one more member, who addicted to a good coffee.
Looks here is warm, friendly and helpful, so decide to join you. :images:

Hello "sacredcoffee"

Welcome! We're glad you decided to join us.
Feel free to participate in the discussions and ask questions when you're ready.

I also like your user name. Is there a particular reason or story behind your choice?
I wouldn't be surprised if someone "borrows" it for the name of their new coffee shop.

Rose

Hello, my name is Stanimir Angelov and actually work in a Exporting compony of green beans like a business development intern and i would like to learn more about the green Coffee and I think that this web site will be a good source for me, Thanks

Hello, my name is Stanimir Angelov and actually work in a Exporting compony of green beans like a business development intern and i would like to learn more about the green Coffee and I think that this web site will be a good source for me, Thanks

Hello Stanimir Angelov,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums! You will find a lot of useful information here. We hope you will visit us often.

Rose

Back