Introductions

Hi there! My name is Karen and I am from Alaska. I have a drive through espresso stand w/ a bakery. Love reading all of the information this site provides!

hello Karen.
welcome here. which city your shop is located at? and if you can, please post some photos of your drive thru espresso stand shop.
I think that would be interesting to share.
thanks and hope that you will participate as much as you can.
alex

welcome Carlos.
I just love Bogota (but even love Medellin more :+) and love to eat those "Arepas".
do they still sell Arepa related foods even in McDonalds?
I am in Coffee business in Guatemala, so if you have any questions about origin of coffee/exportation..etc, please let me know.
glad to help.

Hey everyone-

I, like all of you, love coffee. It all started with a condescending steampunk barista telling me that liking Starbuck's Sumatra didn't make me any cooler than the next guy and that i should try a lighter roast to enjoy the bean rather than the roast. Since then, I have been exploring all types of single origin coffees and have never looked back. I am here because i started roasting and giving beans to friends. As I learned more, I was able to find green beans chapter and then got the idea to sell to friends and family.

I have a very small roasting business that relies mostly on a contract roaster to fill orders, but I still roast for my friends and family on a limited basis. I love to roast, but felt that making a true business out of it would squash my love for it. (I'm a golf pro, and the need to make money at something i thought i loved has made me not want to play anymore than i have to....)

I know its a terrible sob story...not wanting to play golf too much and not wanting to roast too much, but to me it's all about balance.

I've been on this site for a while, and love the comments. I am known to troll other online coffee websites and "contact them" and tell them that i love their work. I understand what it takes to become successful in the coffee world, and love to see others make it.

I am NOT here to promote my website. Quite frankly, I can't really handle anymore orders and keep my other profession going well.

I hope you all are well and enjoying a great cup at the moment and never lose sight of the joy of waking up to a great cup!

-Mike

Thank you Alex.

Agree, Medellin is very, very nice ;). Arepas are sold everywhere in each corner on the street, McDonalds, cafes, and a long etc.
I'm pretty sure that we will keep in touch.

Glad to be here and share.

Carlos D.

Hey everyone-(I'm a golf pro, and the need to make money at something i thought i loved has made me not want to play anymore than i have to....

-Mike

hello Mike.
welcome to forum.
I am in kind of similar situation.
I am a Tennis instructor in Los Angeles, CA / green coffee exporter from Guatemala. (not good to be Pro and too old to be one also, ha ha ha)
Honestly speaking, I do not think that I am good at neither one. :+)

I guess it happens to the best of us! I still love golf, but in an entirely different way. I am passionate about my coffee now and all that it takes to have a somewhat professional looking website and business.

It's good to know when you're ahead and not to go too far to the point of no return. I love golf, but just enough now....

Hello everyone!
I'm new here and happy to become a part of this forum. I would like to introduce myself and my business to you, so you know who you're dealing with.
I am part of NepalB2B.com, an up-and-coming business directory for Nepalese businesses and I thought I'd become a part of this community to learn more about coffee trade. I think I will mostly hang around in the trade or B2B section to get some more people interested in Nepalese coffee.

I already read through some of the posts and comments here and can already tell that you guys are a nice and knowledgeable bunch.
Cheers!

- Chris

Hello everyone! I will mostly hang around in the trade or B2B section to get some more people interested in Nepalese coffee.
I already read through some of the posts and comments here and can already tell that you guys are a nice and knowledgeable bunch.
Cheers!- Chris

Nepalese coffee?
can you give us more information on this coffee?
thanks
PS: welcome to our forum.

Nepalese coffee?
can you give us more information on this coffee?
thanks
PS: welcome to our forum.

Yes, of course! Not sure exactly what you want to know so I'm just going to post this information I got from the National Tea and Coffee Development Board of Nepal.

"All Nepali Coffee is of Arabica variety, mix of bourbon and typical, grown above 1000 meters up to 1600 meters altitude with organic and eco-friendly practices by small farmers. Selective hand picking of fully ripen cherries is done and pulped right after harvesting with mini hand pulper (wet processing) with necessary additional procedures. However, for domestic and home consumption dry processing method is also adopted where cherries are harvested and dried in sun at the farm level."

Coffee plantations are still a rather new thing here in Nepal (they've only been around for a few decades).

Hope this helps.

Yes, of course! Not sure exactly what you want to know so I'm just going to post this information I got from the National Tea and Coffee Development Board of Nepal.

"All Nepali Coffee is of Arabica variety, mix of bourbon and typical, grown above 1000 meters up to 1600 meters altitude with organic and eco-friendly practices by small farmers. Selective hand picking of fully ripen cherries is done and pulped right after harvesting with mini hand pulper (wet processing) with necessary additional procedures. However, for domestic and home consumption dry processing method is also adopted where cherries are harvested and dried in sun at the farm level."

Coffee plantations are still a rather new thing here in Nepal (they've only been around for a few decades).

Hope this helps.

if you change "All Nepali Coffee" to "Guatemala coffee", the information provided by the Board of Nepal can also be used to describe Guatemalan coffee. :+)
This is very general description of coffee industry.

what I was asking to you was that each country has something special about their coffee, some different characteristics in their coffee flavors, or special process (wet, dry, honey, osmosis...etc), or some specific varieties that other country does not have, ...etc

I think that you are the very first forum member who has mentioned about coffee from Nepal (as long as I can remember), so if you are selling real Nepal coffee, it has to have something special about it, so that at least you can attract other customers for your business.

thanks

Hi I'm James, and I'm a coffee addict, there, I said it. Coffee has been my life for as long as I can remember, my family started to think I have a problem and told me I should get help from a group, so here I am. :)

what I was asking to you was that each country has something special about their coffee, some different characteristics in their coffee flavors, or special process (wet, dry, honey, osmosis...etc), or some specific varieties that other country does not have, ...etc

I think that you are the very first forum member who has mentioned about coffee from Nepal (as long as I can remember), so if you are selling real Nepal coffee, it has to have something special about it, so that at least you can attract other customers for your business.
thanks

Okay, I understand what you mean. I don't know how distinct the flavor is compared to foreign coffee beans but Nepalese coffee is quite unique in the sense that it is grown in such high altitudes, is grown completely organic and fair trade across the board. I am not a big coffee bean expert myself, so I can only tell you about the way it is farmed for now. I can also tell you that Nepal is already exporting coffee to Europe and the US in increasing amounts.
I will try to learn from some more experienced coffee enthusiasts here to provide you with some better info asap.

-Chris

Back