Introductions

Hi guys

my name is Thomas and I am from Germany but have lived in the United states, or more specific, in Arizona for 6 years now.
I have always been a coffee drinker but never really got into the details.

Everything has started a couple months ago when I created a website related to coffee, coffee machines, reviews, etc.
But it completely got out of control :decaf: .

My purpose was to help others but with gathering more information about the coffee world I got more and more curious and wanted it all for myself.
And now I have a drip coffee maker with integrated grinder, a burr grinder, an aeropress and a hario cold brewer (iced coffee in hot Arizona is just perfect!).

But I still consider myself, well, an advanced beginner. There is so much more I want to know and learn and share.

I looked around and found a couple forums but most of them were out of my league. They mostly talked about the really expensive equipment, grinders starting at 500 bucks and up, espresso machines over 1000 dollars, etc.

That's not my world. Well I would get it but I just can't afford it. So I try to find the best ways to get the best coffee, but within my budget!

I am a Dad of two kids, how could I ever explain to them they can't take their swim classes anymore because of my new 2000 espresso machine :lol:.

Well, I think I am talking too much already, as usual.

Actually I just wanted to say hi and thank you for having me in your forum!

Thomas

welcome to forum, Thomas.
does your own website still exist? if so, can you inform us? I would like to check it out. :+)
you came to right coffee forum. our forum is for everyone who loves coffee. Hopefully you can participate as much as you can.
thanks and take care.
alex
PS: is your real name spell, Tomas, in German? I heard that Tomas means Twin in German.

Aloha Everyone,

My name is Jeremy.

Originally from the UK but my wife and I moved to Hawaii about three years ago. We are coffee lovers and have really gotten into it since moving to Hawaii due to the ease of getting our hands on Kona coffee.

We're still relative amateurs, I have started to mess around with buying green beans straight from the farm and roasting them myself. I didn't know what I was missing out on. I do like the premium stuff but we also still love getting in our Vietnamese brands that really wake you up in the morning :decaf:.

We are starting a side business that sends out Kona Coffee each month. I wanted to join this community to stay on top of whats going on in the world of coffee. Thanks for having me!

Last edited:
hello Jeremy,
welcome to our forum.
can you tell us how you roast your coffee? so you have a roaster at home? what kind?
when you say "vietnamese brand", do you mean Robusta coffee? would you mind tell us what brand & bean or ground do you buy?
I live in Los Angeles and i do not remember seeing any Vietnamese coffee (Roasted, not instant or Ground) nearby.

finally, you said that you are planning to start a side business selling Kona Coffee, can you tell us more about this?

thanks and whatever you do, good luck to you.
alex

Hello, I'd like to say hi to everyone. I'm looking forward to engaging with the forums community. I hope to learn a lot, share a lot, and overrun the high street brands with quality coffee and ethical business practices!

welcome to forum, Thomas.
does your own website still exist? if so, can you inform us? I would like to check it out. :+)
you came to right coffee forum. our forum is for everyone who loves coffee. Hopefully you can participate as much as you can.
thanks and take care.
alex
PS: is your real name spell, Tomas, in German? I heard that Tomas means Twin in German.

Hi Alex
yes my website still exists: What Is A Good Coffee Maker? The Best Coffee Makers On The Market.
(I just previewed my post and it automatically changed my website link to what you see above - didn't know how to change it back but it brings you to my website.)
Let me know what you think, even when it's negative! But be gentle :razz:.

My name is spelled with 'h' -> Thomas. As far as I know Tomas without 'h' is more Latin American.
At least I used to work for two years in L.A. and an employees name of our customer was Tomas and he explained me, that it was spelled without 'h'. He was from Mexico.

And you are right, my name really means Twin. I didn't even know that, i just looked it up :idea:!
Although I'm not a twin.

I feel, i will hang out here a lot because i have liked this forum from the first post I read.
There are a lot of helpful people here and it's also filled with funny posts!

See you around!

hello t"h"omas,
the website looks pretty good.
"your ultimate coffee machine guide", all the machine sales points are related to amazon.com
was that intentionally done? just curious.
also, you (or someone) gave Bonavita BV1800 the highest point of 4.6
how did you come up with this points?

yeah, please hang around. this is a fun place to be in and to participate.
thanks T"h"omas.

At first thank you for the compliment about my website!

My actual plan was to find something where I can earn a small extra income.
So I started the website. But as I said before, it got out of control (meanwhile I bought the AeroPress and the cold brewer of Hario, and I plan to get a new grinder, the clever coffee dripper and evtl. the chemex) because I learned more and more about the coffee world.

When I don't owe a machine myself I spend a lot of time reading about it, not only Amazon.
Also the SCAA (when it's certified), CNET, ConsumerReports, other sales websites, reviews, I ask my friends and family what machines they have and how they like it.
And I read in forums what people have to say about it.

In the review itself (not sure if you have looked at them) i separate in 5 ratings. The summary of the five is the 4.6 at the Bonavita.
Actually I haven't updated the table yet because I gave the BV1900 a sum rating of 4.8 because it's the best drip coffee maker on my website (not in the world :)!

And I choose the points how I would recommend it to my family, friends or neighbors, when they ask for my advice.

The first impression could have been, that I am only a marketing guy with a website to make money and want to spam your forum. That's why i did not mention my website at all.
Because it's not my purpose and because I am really really into the whole coffee and coffee maker topic and try to find people like you with the same interest.
I don't even know anything about marketing - I am actually an IT-guy in a help-desk department for our customers like Kroger or Target here in the US.

And yes, this website is all mine. So I am responsible for every topic, every rating and every word!

Last edited:
Hi all,
My name is Dat. I'm from Vietnam and starting my own business in exporting Arabica roasted coffee.
I made an Fluid bed roaster and trying to make some coffee sample.
It's nice to meet you all.

Hello all you awesome people!!!

Iv been reading posts on here all day and it makes me so happy :D

I am in the UK, been working with coffee for about 6 years now (First 3 years in hospitality then working with coffee companys), and been roasting coffee at home on a little popcorn machine for about 6 years too!

I am starting up my own micro roastery in the north of england and hoping to find some great contacts, friends and advice from as many people as possible :)

Many thanks,
Zach.

Back