Introductions

I'm Nettlesome, and out of frustration which grew from a pervasive glut of boring sites and with great gratitude for other javans like me I join you..
I feel lucky to have seen this site and hope to glean and contribute feedback.
My search is to get input on the Astra Pro and on 'similar' machines- meaning that those built with durable and reliable (not fickle) components. Spoiled by great espresso,
it's impossible now to have "a cup of coffee".
Grazie

Greetings all! My name is Ben and I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. About 10 months ago coffee went from a passion to a profession for me, though like so many I have found myself overwhelmed by the obsession. I am currently the lead roaster and in charge of all the coffee at The Hoi An Roastery in Central Vietnam (though I am American). I joined the forums with the hope of having a place to bounce questions off all you knowledgable folks as well as snoop around gathering insight. I look forward to the opportunity!

Hi my name is Hương Mai, but you can call me Huongmai Cafe, I own a chain of coffee shops in Vietnam, if you interested in Vietnamese traditional coffee just ask me :D

vietnambeststore.com

I checked your web.
what is "Vietnamess traditional coffee"?
you are asking $21.50 for weasel legend coffee, 125 grams (that is bit over 4 oz) what is weasel legend coffee?
you are selling "ground coffee" for $21.50 / 125 grams with 1 year expiration date. Seriously, one year expiration date? your ground coffee stay fresh for one year?
is your coffee Robusta or Arabica?

Just curious about a lot of things. looking forward hearing from you.

I have drank Vietnamese traditional coffee with the little kettle type coffee maker and the heavy cream (sugary condensed milk) it seems that coffee may be a combination of Robusta and Arabica. I know it is very common to buy it ground in small cans at a very high price...

Good day buddies lovers! Or coffee Kakis (our local address as buddy). I bought a Giesen 15A roaster last year and started roasting and exploring the tastes of different coffee since then. i wish to share my experiences here and your honest comments are most welcome.
I had recently tried roasting Thippanahana Arabica, growth from a state of India. i did a stretch drying at 205 degree celsius till yellow, increased to 215 degree C and maintain temperature through City+, dropped coffee to cooling when near to door step of Full city. Cupping of this coffee is heavy body, little acidity with presence of saltyness.. Can anyone suggest a better outcome? Thank you.

Hello "Pergaminho" (Jochen)

Welcome to the Coffee Forums!

You will find a lot of interesting (and sometimes entertaining) information about the world of coffee here.

Feel free to ask questions and participate in the discussions when you're ready.

Rose

Back