Introductions

Hello everyone . I am mars and one day i decided to try fresh roasted coffee and i ended up coming across this forum looking for a roaster . Next month i will be training with mike perry from klatch so perhaps i can contribute knowledge in the future . Gonna buy me a roaster and create some art .

welcome, mars.
I guess you are in Los Angeles area? because you will be training with Mike Perry. Mike emailed me yesterday that he is traveling to Colombia/Panama now and be back to LA on May 4. Mars, Mike is a great guy and he is one of my green bean customers. We supply green beans from Guatemala.
When you are there with Mike, take some photos and post them some here.
take care, mars
Alex from Ensoluna

welcome, Lou.
are you from Jakarta or Surabaya?
what type of coffee you like the most?

Hi Ensoluna, I came from Jakarta and mobile.
I prefer coffee that came from micro-roaster because usually the have unique and good quality of beans.
For daily dose I have Toraja, because it's easy to get :smile:
What about you?

Hello Laura,

Welcome to the Coffee Forums website! You will find a lot of useful information here.

We have a new member who recently shared an article about Fair Trade in the coffee industry. You may find that helpful; and please feel free to participate in the discussions when you're ready.

Rose

Hi Ensoluna, I came from Jakarta and mobile.
I prefer coffee that came from micro-roaster because usually the have unique and good quality of beans.
For daily dose I have Toraja, because it's easy to get :smile:
What about you?

Born & raised in Korea / lived in Mexico city & Buenos Aires & Montreal, Canada / Currently living in Long Beach, CA / coffee farm & factory & export company in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala / Mobile Electronic factory in Shenzhen, China.

I like Yellow Bourbon / Pacamara / Mundo Novo for pour over or chemex.
welcome to our forum again and hope to hear from you as much as possble.
thanks
my name is Alex.

Born & raised in Korea / lived in Mexico city & Buenos Aires & Montreal, Canada / Currently living in Long Beach, CA / coffee farm & factory & export company in Quetzaltenango, Guatemala / Mobile Electronic factory in Shenzhen, China.

I like Yellow Bourbon / Pacamara / Mundo Novo for pour over or chemex.
welcome to our forum again and hope to hear from you as much as possble.
thanks
my name is Alex.

Thanks Alex, nice to meet you

Hello!

My wife and I own a missions based coffee company and farm in Copan Ruinas, Honduras. We have been working on it for about 7 years and our plants are almost 3 years old. We are working towards moving permanently to HND in about a year (currently we live in DFW, TX.) to run the farm and missions. I'm joining as we are getting to the point where we need to ramp up our facilities and EQ, like a large roaster (all we have is a 1/2lb sample roaster). Anyway we are excited to join here and see what we can learn and hopefully offer some help as well!

-Daniel Kent, Co-Founder & CEO of Adventure Copan

hello Daniel.
how are you? This is Alex from Ensoluna S.A. in Guatemala.
We have a green bean exporting company and couple of SHB farms, in Huehuetenango and Quetzaltenango.
Perhaps, we can help each other?
to understand our company better, you can check out our company website, www . ensoluna.com and our USA & Guatemala facebook.
www.facebook.com/ensolunausa
www.facebook.com/ensolunacafe

let me know if you have any questions.
BTW, we are also working with mission group in Antigua, Guatemala (Gabor Siklosi, you can find him in facebook) and lanvwa.org. And exclusively working with leiva farm in Guatemala that runs Joconal project (school projects in that village to give education to the kids).
thanks
alex
Best wishes to Dorothy, Daniel III & Pepper.

Last edited:
Hey Alex!
Although we connected on FB, I thought I would post on here as well for others. I am sure we can help each other and since our plants are still young we have time to learn and grow properly. That is great what you are doing. For us the whole purpose of a coffee farm what to use a large portion of the proceeds to better the children that cannot help themselves. It has been great and much work still needs to be done.
As for coffee I am joining a few boards and will be posting more soon in other sections. We are in the process of looking into buying or possibly even building a large scale roaster, so if anyone has feedback or direction on that I will gladly take it.
Blessings, -Daniel Kent

Hey Alex!
Although we connected on FB, I thought I would post on here as well for others. I am sure we can help each other and since our plants are still young we have time to learn and grow properly. That is great what you are doing. For us the whole purpose of a coffee farm what to use a large portion of the proceeds to better the children that cannot help themselves. It has been great and much work still needs to be done.
As for coffee I am joining a few boards and will be posting more soon in other sections. We are in the process of looking into buying or possibly even building a large scale roaster, so if anyone has feedback or direction on that I will gladly take it.
Blessings, -Daniel Kent

it was great talking with you, Daniel.
I have been in coffee business for a while, so if you need any information (from coffee origin and export side only), please let me know.

speaking of roaster, if you are planning to import a good one (like probat or USA brand) from USA, it will be very very costly, freights (ocean and inland) duty and specially all the hassles you will be getting from Honduras customs. so, it might not be worthwhile.
however, if you are planning to buy a new one, made in Antigua, Guatemala, please let me know. My friend owns a company in Antigua where he can custom make it for you.
if you want the info, just pm me. i will give you his info.

thanks and good luck to you.

Back