Introductions

hey John.
this is Alex from Ensoluna. I also live in Los Angeles, in Los Alamitos/Cypress area to be more specific.
I also love to do yoga before I play tennis or do some weights.

I have a coffee farms/exporting company in Guatemala.
Since you have on-line roasting business, I am hoping to buy some from you. Normally, I buy coffees from forum roasters (most of them are wonderful and have fresh/unique coffees) for my family. I always brings some from Guatemala, but too much of good things can be tiresome... sometimes. so I like to try out different origins and processes.

so, please let me know your on-line business website via posting or via private message.

thanks

Hello Alex Happy to know your well and going strong. My wife and I just got back from Colombia after 5 months working on our 5 hectarias jungle like clearing with machete in hand very exciting hoping to plant especialty coffee there. need guidance , would you know what coffee roasters charge to roast green coffee or ball park figure. Thanks, Trini

Hello Alex Happy to know your well and going strong. My wife and I just got back from Colombia after 5 months working on our 5 hectarias jungle like clearing with machete in hand very exciting hoping to plant especialty coffee there. need guidance , would you know what coffee roasters charge to roast green coffee or ball park figure. Thanks, Trini

welcome back Trini. 5 month in Colombia farm.... that is a long time.
sorry but I do not know how much they charge in USA. however, I remember that there were quite a few threads on this issue.
I think that if you search on this issue here in the forum, there should be some good answers.
thanks and again, welcome Trini

hey John,
Wow... it seems like you live in walking distance from my house. my house is at the corner of Los Alamitos + Ball (where Long Beach, Cypress & Los Alamitos Meet).
I will PM my cell phone #. perhaps we can meet and talk today or tomorrow around our house area.
thanks John

Hi,
i'm Tien, i'm a roaster and owner coffee business, i live in VietNam.
My parents are coffee planters, but in VietNam, the cost of coffee is cheap, so i'm finding the way :decaf: to sell the high quality coffee beans with the good price.

So happy to join this forum with all coffee lovers in the world. :lol:

hello Tien,
a friendly advise.
if you want to find customers to sell your robusta coffee from Vietnam, better to research via internet to find green coffee importers in each countries.
I have not seen any green bean importers nor big roasters (big enough to buy Robusta from Vietnam directly) in this forum.
good luck to you!

Last edited:
Thanks for your advices Ensoluna, I really want to know the average cost of the green arabica coffee and green robusta coffee in your contry, in VietNam it's only about 2$ per 1 green kg. :coffee:

Thanks for your advices Ensoluna, I really want to know the average cost of the green arabica coffee and green robusta coffee in your contry, in VietNam it's only about 2$ per 1 green kg. :coffee:

wow... that is really cheap $2 per 2.2 pounds. honestly, I did know that Robusta from Vietnam is way cheaper than any other countries, specially from Brazil, but I did not realize that was that low.
in Guatemala, we do not grow Robusta. probably opposite of Vietnam. vietnam has 95% Robusta and 5% Arabica. but in Guatemala, it is the other way around.

for Arabica, Strictly hard bean at 81 to 83 points from Huehuetenango, now, it is around $2.00 to $2.40 per pound. that is $4.4 to 5.29 per 1 kg.
that is huge difference between SHB from Guatemala to Robusta Vietnam. Also, I believe that there is "quality grade" in Robusta in Vietnam, correct?

in Arabica, Guatemala, even Arabica beans can be from $1.70 per pound to $5 per pound (excluding those super special micro lots).

So, can you let us know the quality grading of Robusta from Vietnam and sales pricing in relation to the quality grade?
that would be interesting for me to know.
thanks

Hi All!

Alanna here. I love drinking coffee, latte, and cappuccino, but most of all, I love making the foam. :)

Hello "cafeluxehome" (Alanna)

Welcome! There are lots of us here who love making the "foam" and drinking it too. The sweetness of the steamed milk can be very comforting, especially when you need to kick back and relax a little.

Rose

Howdy Everyone! Been drinking coffee all my life but just started grinding at home in the last year. Started trying to roast in the past 2 months,,pan, wire basket, and am currently using a flour sifter on a portable burner outside. Getting better at it too !! Anyway, glad to be a member and looking to learn and hopefully share some insight!!

Back