Introductions

Howdy All, I'm David - husband of a delightful Wifey and daddy to eight wonderful kiddos; and a retired US Navy sailor/electronics technician/field engineer. I've worn out a set of seals on my La Pavoni Europiccola with twice-daily shots for six or eight at the office and a few stovetop percolators at home over the years since finding out what real coffee is while stationed in Italy and Spain for nine years. I was long a fan of Lavazza Il Perfetto Espresso, but recently have been enamored of Trader Joe's Extra Dark Sumatra beans - mostly because the shots taste like there is a whole chocolate bar in there...

Hi everyone! My name is Amanda. I actually intern with a company that has developed a cloud based point of sale system that is pretty sweet. I wanted to join to get to know coffee shop owners and read about some of your experiences and issues. I would also love to hear what you are looking for in a pos system as well as get some feedback on ours. Can't wait to meet everyone.

David,
WELCOME to CFs!
As you are discovering there are LOTS of great coffees out there, and there are lots of great ways to make them. TJs does offer some pretty good coffees, but look for a local shop that roasts on premises. Fresh coffee can be a real taste treat.

Hello from Oklahoma!! Been browsing the forums for a while and thought I would jump on board. My wife and I are currently in the planning stage of opening a drive thru coffee shop. Planning on serving Hot and Cold Espresso drinks as well as gourmet drip. Exciting times!! See ya around the boards!

Hi I'm Peter and I live in NYC. I love coffee and start every morning with a double espresso. I roast coffee.
I just found this site. It's fun and interesting.

Hi Everyone, I've been online for days researching the coffee business and came across this forum. Learning to navigate it but should pick it up quickly, I hope! I am putting together a business plan and have questions. To begin with I live in an area classified as frontier (less than 2 people per square mile and a considerable distance from a metro area which is about 3 hours away) in a town of about 900 with a town of 1300+/- 15 miles away. So, I'm not sure there is the customer base for it, except in the summer with tourist and fall with hunting.

Hi Everyone, I've been online for days researching the coffee business and came across this forum. Learning to navigate it but should pick it up quickly, I hope! I am putting together a business plan and have questions. To begin with I live in an area classified as frontier (less than 2 people per square mile and a considerable distance from a metro area which is about 3 hours away) in a town of about 900 with a town of 1300+/- 15 miles away. So, I'm not sure there is the customer base for it, except in the summer with tourist and fall with hunting.
Welcome to Coffee Forums, glad to have you with us ;)

Back