Pofitec Pro 500 PID

belairsteve

Aug 20, 2024
Maryland USA
Visit site
Hello, new here and I like what I see. In January 2022 I purchased a Profitec Pro 500 PID. My priority at the time was a quality prosumer machine, double boiler. I read a lot of reviews, and narrowed down my search, and since then it has really been in refrigerator mode - it just runs. When we got back from a long weekend, it would not heat, and after doing some research, it seems like the most likely culprit is the solid state relay. Apparently this is a recurring theme with this model that I did not find out about when I made my purchase. I'm ok with it...I understand these are complex machines and stuff breaks.

I am in Maryland, and finding a company that services these machines is proving to be a challenge. I would rather not have to go the the trouble of sending it away for service. Replacing the part seems to be pretty straight forward, and testing to prove that the relay is the problem does not appear to be challenging either. So here's my question...

Assuming I can troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, has anyone had any experience replacing this part on this or a similar machine? I would rather not pay a service company $145 diagnosis fee just to have them replace a $60 part that I could have done easily.

Thanks in advance for any input. I am looking forward to participating in the other forums.

Steve
Bel Air, MD

Back