Small white seed-like objects in the reservoir of my Bonavita coffee maker.

ovfitbob

Jan 11, 2021
Tucson
Visit site
After making coffee the other day, I noticed a few small white seed -like objects in the bottom of the Bonavita water reservoir. I'm not sure what they are. A few days before this I had put in a new potassium -based filtration system for the house and also replaced the filter in my refrigerator.
I'm not sure if the potassium filtration system had some residue left behind after initial regeneration.
Any ideas what this might be?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. Every time I change the refrigerator filter I flush it out with a couple of gallons of water until it's clear. That's why I was confused by the small white pieces.
Anyway it hasn't happened again, just that one time.

After making coffee the other day, I noticed a few small white seed -like objects in the bottom of the Bonavita water reservoir. I'm not sure what they are. A few days before this I had put in a new potassium -based filtration system for the house and also replaced the filter in my refrigerator with staples advantage. I'm not sure if the potassium filtration system had some residue left behind after initial regeneration.
Any ideas what this might be?

Thanks
Those small white seed-like objects could be residues from the potassium-based filtration system you recently installed. Potassium-based filters can sometimes leave behind small particles if there was any residual material or if the system had not fully flushed out before use. It might be a good idea to run several water cycles through your Bonavita reservoir to see if the particles clear out. Suppose they persist or you have concerns about the safety of your water. In that case, you might want to check with the manufacturer of the filtration system or have the system inspected to ensure it's functioning correctly. Regular maintenance and proper flushing of new filters can often resolve these types of issues.

Those small white seed-like objects could be residues from the potassium-based filtration system you recently installed. Potassium-based filters can sometimes leave behind small particles if there was any residual material or if the system had not fully flushed out before use. It might be a good idea to run several water cycles through your Bonavita reservoir to see if the particles clear out. Suppose they persist or you have concerns about the safety of your water. In that case, you might want to check with the manufacturer of the filtration system or have the system inspected to ensure it's functioning correctly. Regular maintenance and proper flushing of new filters can often resolve these types of issues.
Thank you for your answer. That very well may be the case. it only happened a couple of times initially and hasn't since. The system has been in for three months now.

Cheers

Back