Introductions

Hello, my name is Lucas Moterani, and I am a biologist, agronomist and coffee grower here in Brazil.It is a pleasure to participate in this coffee forum. I hope to solve doubts about coffee production and marketing, and also to learn from all of you.Thank you.

Hello, my name is Lucas Moterani, and I am a biologist, agronomist and coffee grower here in Brazil.It is a pleasure to participate in this coffee forum. I hope to solve doubts about coffee production and marketing, and also to learn from all of you.Thank you.

Welcome to the forum Lucas!

Hello everyone! My name is Mark, and I always loved coffee, but now, I need to expand my palette and get more into the many varieties that are out there. I just purchased a 3 cup Bodum french press coffee maker, and I am trying to get the method down. I hope I get to learn a lot from the forum. Thanks!

I apologize.... We fallen a little behind in welcoming our newest members to the Coffee Forums website.

Welcome to all of our new members!

Thank you for writing introductions. It's always great to get to know a little about our new members when they join us.

Please feel free to participate in the Forum discussions and ask questions (within the appropriate Forum topic areas) when you're ready.

We hope you will visit us often.

Rose

I use whatever cup will fit in my cupholder. Often with a small cup of coffee, I'll just put it in a plastic Nespresso cup, but in general, I don't like the idea of drinking my coffee from a plastic cup.

My name is Brian. I live in Southern California. Been drinking coffee since I was a kid. I drink it either black or with everything. I hate it with either sugar or cream alone. All or nothing! For some reason, I married a non-coffee drinker so I'm always looking for coffee companionship. I make coffee for the crew that cuts my lawn every Saturday - When I hear the lawn mowers, I get up and start brewing or pressing.

Hi !
This is Airin, very love drinking single espresso coffee. Sometimes affogato. This forum are great, because I love to discuss coffee. Since im the new beginner in coffee business, last year I join with my friends company. He developt a coffee producer company with good market share. Thanks.

Hey, I'm Jesse
Just getting started to launch a coffee distribution company. I've been in the business for 10 years and yup you guessed it...I'm a coffee lover.

Greetings all;

I am Troy and for the past year I have been living in Central Java. I've been a home roaster for almost a decade and a specialty coffee aficionado for most of that time also. I figure since I live at origin it is high time to start exporting the good stuff: like Torajas, Bali Kintamanis, Lombok Rinjani, Temanggung, Sembalun, and other smallholder offerings people in the West almost never hear about.

My aim is to bring a quality cup out of origin and maybe tell the stories of the people who grow the stuff along the way.

Greetings all;

I am Troy and for the past year I have been living in Central Java. I've been a home roaster for almost a decade and a specialty coffee aficionado for most of that time also. I figure since I live at origin it is high time to start exporting the good stuff: like Torajas, Bali Kintamanis, Lombok Rinjani, Temanggung, Sembalun, and other smallholder offerings people in the West almost never hear about.

My aim is to bring a quality cup out of origin and maybe tell the stories of the people who grow the stuff along the way.

Welcome. Unfortunately I have never been to Central Java area. Been to Jakarta few times and Surabaya only one time. But never been to Semarang.
So, can you tell us exactly what is so great about Central Java coffee? Love to hear your comments on your coffees. thanks

Welcome. Unfortunately I have never been to Central Java area. Been to Jakarta few times and Surabaya only one time. But never been to Semarang.
So, can you tell us exactly what is so great about Central Java coffee? Love to hear your comments on your coffees. thanks

Semarang is not that nice, you are missing nothing. But then neither is Jakarta or Surabaya in my opinion. Yogyakarta and Surakarta are places to visit when you travel here.

What I think makes these coffees stand out is the amazing things some small holders are doing. I met a guy growing yellow caturra on a few hectares. Unfortunately his output is only 90kg a year. I have also run into other small holders who are doing good things with their processing.

I am not sure how long it will take me to get enough contacts to put together a container of these small lots. I have worked with an exporter who is sourcing other coffees from places you may have heard of though. Here are some cupping notes of some of the more noteworthy offerings

K12/001
Bali Kintamani

84.80 7.75
Citrus acidity, full body, some cocoa but slightly muddy finish
K12/002
Wonosobo

83.90 7.75
Very strong, intense raw onion flavour. ?Typical for type
K12/003
Garut
84.80 8
Beautiful aroma, in cup distinct citrus, raw cocoa, slightly green finish.
K12/004
Aceh Gayo
82.10 7.5
Good body but rather old and muddy.
K12/005
Toraja Sapan
85.70 8
Lime and tropical fruits. Good intesnity and complexity.

Hello! I am Jimbo and I drink coffee. No, really... I found this site by searching Bucaramanga region small batch coffees. After a quick browse it seems like like-minded people dwell here. I am passionate about the bean and am presently assembling the means and equipment to home roast. I do mostly pour-overs/Clever dripper/Chemex but also enjoy a lovely espresso occasionally.

Welcome Jimbo! I used to roast in Jacksonville and I believe there is a new member opening a new roastery soon in your area...I will find out where and let you know.

Back