Introductions

Hey guys, just recently I took my new hobby seriously and I've been incessantly reading up as much as I can, and forums in my experience have been a great resource.I found the site while looking for a good cupping coffee to water ratio.Heres where I'm at, I now almost exclusively brew coffee using a chemex, with freshly ground beans in a Hario skerton. Also, I just started roasting my own coffee, using a Behmor 1600. I love the variety of beans I can now get my hands on without having to submit myself to pharmaceutical testing for funds, plus, I always know my roasting dates, and it's made all the difference in the world.

Hello "crlssctt"

Welcome!

It's great to welcome new members who are new to roasting. You've come to the right place! We have several people on this forum who have tons of roasting experience. Feel free to ask questions (and share information) when you're ready.

Rose

Hello everyone! I work for a small coffee start-up and figured there's better way to keep educating myself about what I truly love without actually talking to more people with years more experience and knowledge.

Can't wait to learn a lot and meet some fantastic people.

Hello "coffeeproject"
Hello and Welcome to the forum. Yeah, this forum is coffee, and everyone who is here loves coffee. You are definitely going to enjoy your stay here. :p

Hello All,

I'm Michael and I have been pursuing coffee since my first latte in 1999. Over the years I have experimented with various brew techniques, hunted for ever fresher roasted coffee, and begun to learn the craft of espresso. I found the forum while I was doing research for a business plan and I am particularly interested in the sections for shop owners and roasting. I'm looking forward to learning and hopefully sharing with everyone.

Here's to your next good cup!

Hello and welcome to all the new members ! Cheers ! :coffee:

crlssctt: Good luck with the roasting. It is an amazing hobby. I hope you are able to visit many roasteries of all sizes. It's good to see what the pros are doing. They all have different little things they do. Good to learn.

Coffeeproject: Yep, we love coffee.

BasilAlomary: What exactly does the "coffee start up" do? Equipment? green? roasting? or is it a cafe? Do tell.

JessicaMaryBeans: Hey there. Welcome and slowly we all get to know each other. What is your interest? Everyone has a different coffee related experience. What brought you to the forum? Did you take a wrong turn during an internet search and decide to hang out a bit? Enjoy.

EspressoErb: Cheers for the next good cup! Best of luck with your biz research. I am looking for a good POS system and have a thread started to that effect. So many ways to approach business in this industry and the best thing to do is to carefully research. Determine what business type you are interested in and where it will be, then try to narrow what the main focus will be and what will be the most profitable task you engage. From there you have a better chance of not wasting any efforts. Good luck !

Of course coffee. I aspire to have my own coffee shop. Right now I have taken it upon myself to take small coffee shop tours. I went to 11 coffee shops in 11 days thru GA, TN, AL and NC. I truly am a coffee geek. No wrong turns here CJevens I'd like to know other folks just as excited as I am.

Greetings To All

I recently joined the site and I just wanted to stop-by to introduce myself and say hello. I have been involved in the international business community for the past thirty (30) years and I have a special interest in coffee. I find it very interesting that I get a chance through this forum to read about people with cautious optimism wanting to start a business or they are having problems sourcing product or they are leery of dealing with foreign companies. Well I can comment on these issues if you do not mind and I would like to assist anybody if they require another opinion or advice.

My name is Mike Johnson; I’m an American expat working in Muscat Oman. I’m not a guru but I understand how to create a business and make it function properly in the international arena.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.
Good-bye everybody.

Mike

Back