Starting a Mobile Coffee Cart

Hi,

I have just purchased a Fracino Dual Fuel 2 Group Coffee Machine and now looking for a the best grinder to accompany the machine. I have looked into lots of different ones but struggling to narrow it down and would love some advice or recommendations on grinders please? This is going to be for my new coffee and cake mobile business :)

Thanks in advance.
Depends on space available, intended use as in daily volume, etc. The rage these days is GBW (grind by weight), but I've had tons of use with a doser and never had a single issue with getting what I expected from that approach. There is no waste/retention with a dialed in doser and no you don't need to keep one relatively full for accurate dosing as you get a feel for what is needed per use. Also, stick with a quality brand as you generally get what you pay for in terms of performance and longevity.

So lately I've had the major itch to start my own side coffee cart for hire (I work fulltime as the head roaster for a micro-roaster in central KS). What my vision is that I offer only a select view espresso drinks and drip coffee at farmers markets, weddings, parties, etc.

The whole thought is pretty daunting since I don't know where to start! So here's some basic questions that I'm wrestling with:

1. a high quality single group espresso machine? I'm wanting to fund the whole operation myself, so I'll be buying it used.
2. good starter espresso grinder?
3. what are the required features? does it need a water source for a hand washing sink or rinser?
4. best way to brew drip coffee with limited space?

Any feedback would be great!
Hi OP,

Joey here from Coffee on Cue.

We run La Marzocco Gs3's alongside Mazzer Konys which are great for both low and high volume events. Everything is temporarily plumbed in for water and waste for simplicity.

You can check out visuals here.

Shout out if you have any specific questions.

Latest posts

Back