Recommendation

odoman357

Aug 31, 2024
Greece
Visit site
I'm looking for recommendations for a bean that will produce a full-bodied coffee with bold flavors similar to Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and Panera Bread. I purchased a sample pack of beans from Sweet Maria's and roasted one batch most of the way through the second crack. The coffee has a good flavor, but it's a bit thin for my liking. I'm open to suggestions and recommendations for other beans to try. Thank you!

Green selection makes a huge difference with the end result. I rarely care for anything washed as that leads to thinner/boring for my taste. Shoot for dry processed pretty much anything if you're wanting more flavor and especially heavier body/texture. I'll also say if you are actually pushing any bean 'most of the way thru 2C' it's lost pretty much anything good it had to offer.

Of all the coffees I've roasted over the yrs I keep getting drawn towards dry process Brazil/Yemen offerings. The end result of some of those is mind blowing for espresso and has solidified my firm belief that I'll never waste time buying roasted coffee the rest of this lifetime. I recently bought 10 lbs of a certain new-to-me Yemen and after the 1st batch I immediately ordered 10 more.

Green selection makes a huge difference with the end result. I rarely care for anything washed as that leads to thinner/boring for my taste. Shoot for dry processed pretty much anything if you're wanting more flavor and especially heavier body/texture. I'll also say if you are actually pushing any bean 'most of the way thru 2C' it's lost pretty much anything good it had to offer.

Of all the coffees I've roasted over the yrs I keep getting drawn towards dry process Brazil/Yemen offerings. The end result of some of those is mind blowing for espresso and has solidified my firm belief that I'll never waste time buying roasted coffee the rest of this lifetime. I recently bought 10 lbs of a certain new-to-me Yemen and after the 1st batch, I immediately ordered 10 more.
Oh, really? I was told that the green selection works best too. But then, I think I'm taking a break from coffee as advised. I had a little health challenge, but I'm getting stable now.

What are you roasting on ? If your using an air roaster you won't get the body you are looking for.
That seems a bit one-sided... Sure there are some differences to be expected between air/drum, but like the constant grinder burr FOMO the coffees being roasted as well as level of development clearly affect texture/body far more than the equipment itself. For example, my home designed/built setup utilizes a high quality heat gun and not much in the way of metal contact like you have with a drum type, but the texture I am able to get out of what I roast is outstanding. I definitely attribute that to my green selection and how I push the development phase. I will agree that some hot air roasting setups can give a thinner end result and based on what I tried it's because the overall roast time was just too fast to really develop the way I like/expect.

I'm looking for recommendations for a bean that will produce a full-bodied coffee with bold flavors similar to Starbucks, Seattle's Best, and Panera Bread. I purchased a sample pack of beans from Sweet Maria's and roasted one batch most of the way through the second crack. The coffee has a good flavor, but it's a bit thin for my liking. I'm open to suggestions and recommendations for other beans to try. Thank you!
Hi,
I recently stumbled upon a coffee company called Clean Bean. I have tried their Sierra Eclipse roast and it was so good. It was full body but low acid so it did not bother my stomach. I highly suggest trying it.

Cheers

Back