Philips automatic espresso extraction 6 seconds

Addonexus

Aug 9, 2024
Prilep
Visit site
Hi, i have Philips 1200 automatic espresso machine. Even on finest grinder setting and max coffee beans (grinder 12, coffee 3), the water goes too fast. For short espresso it only takes 6 seconds, is that normal? I was reading that usually it should take 20 secs for a shot of espresso, anyone having similar experience or solution how to make the water flow slower and to have longer contact with the coffee?

It should take 20 seconds (approx) to pull the shot. The standard answer is "grind finer". I hate to assume but in your post you said "grinder 12" try grinding at 5...maybe 4 or 3.

I think you have it backwards. 1 is fine and 12 is coarse. Of course I'm basing this on the attached photo.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-09-02 at 10.32.48 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2024-09-02 at 10.32.48 AM.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 17
I think you have it backwards. 1 is fine and 12 is coarse. Of course I'm basing this on the attached photo.
Is that philips you have? looks very similar like mine, as i see yours is at something like 4th fnest grind, mine is similar position, but the finest (smallest dot) is matching the side mark where your 4th is. How long 30ml small espresso shot it takes if thats phillips? as i called phillips they told me 6 seconds is normal

Is that philips you have? looks very similar like mine, as i see yours is at something like 4th fnest grind, mine is similar position, but the finest (smallest dot) is matching the side mark where your 4th is. How long 30ml small espresso shot it takes if thats phillips? as i called phillips they told me 6 seconds is normal
6 second extraction normal, lmao? Maybe they should stick with something far more simple like toasters as they clearly have no clue how to design/build an actual espresso capable machine.

Back