Indian Coffees

That's good to know. Thanks peter.

So, tell me if I am getting this right here. Sounds like MM, though ok to drink straight, is best used as part of a blend?

That would be my take on it.

I bought it for blending, but happened to find that rare lot that was actually drinkable, even though I won't be the one drinking it, because I don't like it even when it's good.

One of my favorites is a Mysore Chikmagalur, single origin was a but over the top, but amazing for blending. I can roast it until it practically bursts into flame and it retains its characteristics. Also a huge fan of monsooned malabar, which is my wife's favorite.

I am from Latvia, but I was in India last December and lived in a coffee plantation. :)
Very interesting coffee drinking culture in India, as well as coffee.

WoW!!!! Latvia...
I never been there, but always wanted to visit.
When I was in Gothenburg, Sweden, most of my customers told me that they loved to go to Latvia for vacations.
I (probably a lot of forum members also) would love to hear about your India coffee plantation living / experience.
if you have time to write, please let us know.
thanks and good luck to you.
BTW, my name is Alex.

Hi All.

I'm from South of India. I'm new to coffee. I drink coffee occasionally when I was in India.
Now I'm drinking coffee regularly.
we have few coffee plants at home in India but we never used it. :)

Hi ensoluna

Im from a small village called mulagumoodu in Tamilnadu, close to kerala. I came to USA 3 years back. So you are from Guatemala?

Hi ensoluna

Im from a small village called mulagumoodu in Tamilnadu, close to kerala. I came to USA 3 years back. So you are from Guatemala?
Nope! I was born in Korea. Immigrated to USA 1981. (I was 18 years old). But since few years back, I bought couple of coffee farms and made roasting & green coffee exporting company in Quetzaltenango (second largest city in Guatemala but way up in the mountain, about 8000 feet high. about 5 hours drive north from Guatemala city). My family and I still live in Los Angeles, but of course, I travel to Guatemala very often.

is there anything that I can help you with?

Back