Gaggia Classic help needed

kmetzger

Aug 5, 2024
Mexico
Visit site
I've had great success with my Gaggia Classic for the past 4 years. Now suddenly the brew button isn't working. No light, no water. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Try plugging something else into the outlet that the Gaggia is plugged into to make sure you have power to the outlet, if there is no power then you need to find the GFI and reset it, or it could be a circuit breaker check it and reset, or the outlet may have gone bad.

Try plugging something else into the outlet that the Gaggia is plugged into to make sure you have power to the outlet, if there is no power then you need to find the GFI and reset it, or it could be a circuit breaker check it and reset, or the outlet may have gone bad.
The on/off switch lights up.

Just for fun I plugged this to AI & here's the answer it spit out.

If your Gaggia Classic's brew light isn't coming on, it could be due to a number of issues, including:
  • Brew thermostat
    The brew thermostat may have failed, or the contacts may be welded closed. You can try replacing the thermostat.
  • Steam switch
    The steam switch may have failed, or the contacts may be welded closed.
  • Water filter
    The water filter may be blocking the flow of water. Try removing the filter and using the machine without it.
  • Scale buildup
    Scale buildup can cause serious flow issues. You should descale the machine every 2-3 months with a descaling product like Gaggia Decalcifier or Durgol Descaler.
  • Debris in the system
    Coffee grounds or other debris can get lodged in the valves or water circuits, causing flow issues.

Last edited:
AI is retarded at best, lmao. All it looks to do is sum up previous questions/answers in a short period of time. Far from impressive and the brain dead fools that think it can replace the human mindset deserve the end result. I won't let that sort of 'technology' get in my way and will avoid/delete/destroy by any means necessary.

Back