Coffe beans?

thecopper

Oct 18, 2024
Luxembourg
Visit site
everyone,

I’m looking for some opinions or insights on Puerto Rican coffee or espresso beans. We are opening a coffee shop in a diverse neighborhood with a significant Puerto Rican community, and we’d like to feature at least one coffee or espresso option from Puerto Rico. I’ve reached out to Yaucono, Alto Grande, and a wholesaler called Elcomadito, but I haven’t received any responses yet.

After speaking with a local roaster, they mentioned that Puerto Rican coffee might not be the best quality due to some issues with the crops, and they found it to be overpriced.

Has anyone here tried any Puerto Rican coffee that they would recommend, or do you have any insights on sourcing beans from Puerto Rico?

Thank you so much for any advice you can share!

I'll gladly point out that 'espresso' beans simply don't exist... ANY coffee grown/processed/roasted can be used for ANY type of brew/extraction method, just some are better suited for espresso due to the pressure/finer grinding involved. I mentioned that 'oversight' on this forum yrs ago regarding the title of this sub-forum. Granted it draws people it to better understand different coffees, but still misleading and clearly taken advantage of with marketing in general.

Back