Cimbali M1 continuous beeping

iluvspd

Nov 19, 2022
usa
Visit site
Cimbali M1 continuous beeping

Machine was in milk wash cycle when power cut out. After repowering machine display is blank, no activity and continously beeps

Any help would be appreciated, especially a service manual

I realize that I am late to the party with this answer but It may help someone else.

La Cimbali Super-auto machines like the M1 are generally stable and reliable performers, nevertheless, on occasion, weird stuff can happen.
Generally, if you can't find an electro-mechanical problem with the machine (for example: Stuck valve, clogged port, dead heater, etc...) you can look to a board reset as a hail Mary solution.
More often than not, the board reset will restore the desired behaviour.

You will need to perform a board reset. To do this you must flip one of the pins on the boards DIP switch.
After the machine programming will need to be reset. Fortunately this is not too difficult and should not take more that 20 minutes or so.

I am uploading the tech manual with instructions on how to to do this. See Page 20.

Attachments

• 931-176-000_rev0610_GB.pdf
    240.6 KB · Views: 89
I realize that I am late to the party with this answer but It may help someone else.

La Cimbali Super-auto machines like the M1 are generally stable and reliable performers, nevertheless, on occasion, weird stuff can happen.
Generally, if you can't find an electro-mechanical problem with the machine (for example: Stuck valve, clogged port, dead heater, etc...) you can look to a board reset as a hail Mary solution.
More often than not, the board reset will restore the desired behaviour.

You will need to perform a board reset. To do this you must flip one of the pins on the boards DIP switch.
After the machine programming will need to be reset. Fortunately this is not too difficult and should not take more that 20 minutes or so.

I am uploading the tech manual with instructions on how to to do this. See Page 20.
Thank you so much! Its been sitting for 2 yrs... decided to try with this new info

For group cleaning:

Check that the sliding hatch for the pills is closed.
Check the sensor and connectors for the hatch.

Once opened, the machine will not exit cleaning mode (reboot or not) unless the cleaning cycle is complete.

You can exit the cycle by pressing the top left key (typically set to single espresso). This action forces a "no grind espresso" ejecting any cleaning pills and somewhat rinsing the solution in the group valve.
I would then resume a group rinse or complete wash as the detergent should not be consumed by people.

If you still can't get the machine to stop the cleaning cycle, you may need to do a factory reset.
There is an option for that in the menu.
Reprogramming the machine does not take too long (about 20 minutes).

Latest posts

Back