Trouble shooting an ECM espresso machine

Runtris

Jun 23, 2024
Punta Gorda
Visit site
Today my espresso machine started up just like normal but while waiting for it to reach the right temperature the heater stopped working but the pump still works. Correct me if Im wrong but if it was the float in the water reservoir or the pressurestat I dont think the pump would still run. Any ideas out there?

I would let it cool down and turn it on again and see if it repeats (starts heating and quits). Could be a faulty fuse or overpressure switch. Also, do you have a voltmeter? The first thing I would check is the heater and see if it's getting power.

I would let it cool down and turn it on again and see if it repeats (starts heating and quits). Could be a faulty fuse or overpressure switch. Also, do you have a voltmeter? The first thing I would check is the heater and see if it's getting power.
Turned it off and unplugged it, plugged it back in and turned it on still does not work. I ordered a multimeter and descale.

I'd look at the over pressure switch and over fill switch. It's odd that a heater would start to heat and then stop. My guess is something is tripping (a fuse, a switch) and stopping it.

So the latest, I ran some descale through it came out milky white, ran a second time came out much clearer but then later the pump stopped working. So now it still will not heat up nor will the pump work. Its 8 years old and the only other thing I've had to do is switch out the presurestat.

Well....sound like you need to pull the pump and test it out of the machine...possibly replace it. While you're at it pull the heater too and test it and possibly replace it.

What kind of machine is this? 8 years old is not THAT old...but hey...everything is fixable - right?

Back