Show off your coffee merch!

hollywood

Mar 24, 2011
Boise, ID
Visit site
Alright everyone, I know some of you are dying to show off the goods. Well, here's your chance!

Reply to this thread and attach pictures of your coffee making whatever's, and the massive collections of gear and goods (this includes the coffee stash that you hide from everyone else in your basement) and tell us the stories you have behind what you got, and why you have what you have! Have fun, and keep it clean! :)

They're sorta embarrassing nowdays, but I was 'challenged' in pm's to prove my 'Full Crema' claims on another forum, so I made these vids a few years ago. They show no rest, or 1 day rested beans, IIRC, so lots of CO2. Without rest, they were also a bit difficult to get properly dosed, distributed and tamped, despite my religious commitment to the WDT technique, so you can see uneven cake penetration, but no blowouts at least! :D That was back when I had the Mazzer Mini paired with Vibi...now a MUCH better grinder, better matched. I don't care so much about volume of crema these days..it's all about the final mouthfeel and flavor.

Actually, the last vid is essentially a blow-out. There..now I'm embarrassed! LOL!

Last edited:
Just a couple of the brewers.

CIMG0041-2.jpg

CIMG0063.jpg

pano1web.jpg
Here is my "Home Museum." This was a built-in gun cabinet, so I added shelves and use it to show off my humble collection. These are most of the larger items I have.
(some highlights from top down)
Top shelf - two dripolators with presspot between. Left one is stainless copper bottom
Second Shelf- 4 vac pots. Left one is an old Hario that was brought over from japan. New with original box. Cory with original Cory electric heating element.
Third Shelf - Various electric percs, and behind them a Hearthware Gourmet coffee roaster and a Sunbeam beehive electric vac pot.
Bottom - Various odds and ends. The Elma hand grinder came from CL and the guy included the black powder muzzle loader, unfinished kit so I finished it best I could. Back left is the original box to my Illy Nude cup set!

View attachment 1
Here is my "Home Museum." This was a built-in gun cabinet, so I added shelves and use it to show off my humble collection. These are most of the larger items I have.
(some highlights from top down)
Top shelf - two dripolators with presspot between. Left one is stainless copper bottom
Second Shelf- 4 vac pots. Left one is an old Hario that was brought over from japan. New with original box. Cory with original Cory electric heating element.
Third Shelf - Various electric percs, and behind them a Hearthware Gourmet coffee roaster and a Sunbeam beehive electric vac pot.
Bottom - Various odds and ends. The Elma hand grinder came from CL and the guy included the black powder muzzle loader, unfinished kit so I finished it best I could. Back left is the original box to my Illy Nude cup set!

WOW! That is a LOT of coffee-making goods!!!

Part Two of the Collection

Here's part 2 of the collection - call it the Museum Annex:

I finished the cabinet a few weeks ago. The door is an old sash window I retrieved from an old home we were about to burn down in a training exercise when I was a volunteer firefighter and certified as an instructor for the burn-building at the local firefighter training grounds. The hardwood shelves and scallop-work is from some old furniture that belonged to my grandparents which was beyond repair:
Cabinet_0215.jpg

Here is the collection inside:

Cabinet_open_small_0210.jpg
TOP SHELF: KYM hand grinder, little aluminum percolator, 'Made in Japan' enameled cup, old enameled coffee pot and an old can of "Coffee machine Cleaner" (TSP).
MIDDLE SHELF: Ceramic travel mug, two of the set of four Illy Nude cups, Bodum coffee cups, Bormioli espresso cups, and the Espro Press
BOTTOM: four old Bormioli demittasse cups and matching saucers, four Mitterteich designer cups by Ron Anderson from Francis! Francis!, four Bormioli cappa cups, Two commemorative cups of the 80th anniversary of the Colombian Coffee Federation (the designs were chosen from a children's art contest), and finally my Mypressi Twist.

Amazing stuff Randy! And you remind me we could use a cup collector thread! LOL! Not only resourceful, but excellent work, too! Someone might think you sorta like coffee, a wee bit.. :p

I am jealous of all of you... When I moved to Idaho from Washington state, I lost all of my coffee stuff. Have no idea where it went. NOw I am just rebuilding my collection. :)

Back